The YubiKey 5 NFC is a hardware based authentication solution that provides superior defense against phishing, eliminates account takeovers, enables compliance and offers expanded choices for strong authentication. This key delivers strong authentication over Near Field Communications (NFC) and via USB-A ports. New with the YubiKey 5 NFC is support for FIDO2 allowing organizations to enable passwordless login. The YubiKey 5 NFC includes:
- Support for strong single factor, two-factor hardware and multi-factor authentication
- Strong authentication with support for multiple protocols (Yubico OTP, OATH HOTP, OATH TOTP, U2F, PIV, and Open PGP), and FIDO2 the new standard enabling the replacement of weak password-based authentication.
- Out of the box integration with hundreds of services, with no shared secrets.
- A seamless user experience that is easy to use, fast and reliable and is proven at scale to significantly reduce IT costs.
How it Works:
- Choose a service to sign-in with and enter your username and password.
- When prompted, simply insert the YubiKey into a USB port or touch it to NFC supported devices.
- Authenticate effortlessly with a touch or tap the YubiKey 5 NFC to your NFC-enabled device.